Thursday, August 29, 2013

HE LEADETH ME

Exodus 22 and Exodus 23

Among all the laws and ordinances we read two little phrases God says:

1)  I [God] am compassionate
2)  Be holy for my sake

Then in the next chapter He says this:

Get ready.  I'm sending my Angel ahead of you to guard you and to lead you to the place that I have prepared.  Then He gives warnings that the places He leads may involve people who worship other gods, just be careful He says, beware, don't worship the other gods.

What an awesome God we serve!  A God who leads us and guards us.  A God who has compassion on us and one who warns us of upcoming dangers.  A God who longs for a holy people.

Personally I am at a crossroads in my life.  I have decisions to make in the coming month.  These passages tell me to GET READY!  God is leading me to places He has prepared for me.  This reminds me of Psalm 23.

Psalm 23

A psalm of David.

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.
 
 
If you are feeling uncertain today of where you are going, get ready!  He is there leading you to places He has prepared for you.  Look for the still waters and the green pastures and the table He has prepared just for you and someday (hopefully soon) we will all dwell together in the house of the LORD, forever ... ultimately that is where He is leading us!  Be blessed!
 
 
Blessings Abundant,
Your traveling buddy,
 
Michelle

No comments: