Tuesday, August 27, 2013

LAWS, ORDINANCES AND GOD'S HOLINESS AND LOVE

Exodus 18, Exodus 19, Exodus 20 and Exodus 21

Summary of passages:
Jethro instructing Moses on managing the people
God setting boundaries for the people
The Ten Commandments
The holiness of God Almighty
Ordinances & dealing justly with others

"This business Moses was called to; it appears that he did it with great care and kindness.  Moses kept to his business from morning to night.  [Therefore we learn] there may be over-doing even in well-doing.  In drawing near to God, we must never forget his holiness and greatness ... [the law's] grand demand is [always] love.  And the knowledge of the law shows our need of repentance.  The cases here mentioned give rules of justice then, and still in use, for deciding similar matters. We are taught by these laws, that we must be very careful to do no wrong, either directly or indirectly. If we have done wrong, we must be very willing to make it good, and be desirous that nobody may lose by us." ~ Matthew Henry

In reading these passages today and the commentary above I am encouraged first to be careful NOT TO OVER DO IT!  This week's calendar is overflowing with school for the kids, work stuff, meetings and trainings.  We are full from morning until evening and yet in God's grace He instructs Moses through Jethro to get some help so Moses doesn't get worn out.  As I woke up this morning one of my first thoughts was "I'm so tired and it's only Tuesday!"  LORD, help me have the wisdom to know where to ask for help, what to let go of and what duties to assign to others so I do not over do it!

I also am overcome by and humbled in reading these texts of GOD'S GLORY AND HOLINESS!  He is so very holy and set apart and I, as Paul said, and the chiefest of sinners!!!!!  LORD, forgive me for falling very, very short of all you ask of us.  Thank you for a Savior who loves me and yet LORD I do not want to transgress your law.  Help me to make it right when I am made aware of my shortcomings and continue to teach and guide me to do it better next time.  Help me teach my children your ways in the right way so they can glorify you.

These passages are jammed packed and I hope you will take time to sit down and read through them for yourself today and glean what He has for you.  I would love to hear what touched your heart through these readings :)  Be blessed ...



Blessings Abundant,


No comments: