Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Hosanna in the Highest (even when I am at my lowest)


Today we are in the next to the last chapter in our study of the book of Matthew.  We are reading from Matthew 27:1–26.  As you read the first part of the chapter I want you to keep in mind that it was only a few days before and the crowds were adoring Jesus.  They were crying out Hosanna in the Highest and laying their coats and palm branches before Him as He rode humbly into Jerusalem on a donkey.



Now bloodied, beaten, dirty, spat upon, weary and mocked the crowds were turning against Him.  Instead of Hosanna in the Highest they now shouted “Crucify him!”  Are we ever guilty of being so fickled in our actions?  We may not cry out “crucify him”, but are we worshipping one day (or even one minute) and a circumstance or some news comes that causes us to start worrying or that changes our whole demeanor? 


What I learn from reading this passage is that if I am not careful I can turn from being full faith and worship and ready to serve Him to being full of worry or showing a lack of trust if I am not careful and intentional by taking every thought captive to Christ.  We women are often times driven by our "feelings and emotions".  I think the same thing was happening here in the crowds during that week.  It was Passover week.  People's emotions were at a high.  They were "on the mountaintop" spiritually speaking and people were swarming in from lots of places to be in Jerusalem on that High Holy Day.  It was one of the pilgrimage feasts where the people were required to go back to Jerusalem.



The problem is that the people in this angry scene lost sight of God’s overarching plan.  They thought Jesus should save them from the Romans and when He didn’t come through the way they thought He should, and they changed their worshipful tune.  Instead of welcoming Him into their lives and worshipping Him, they just wanted to be rid of Him.  They went from worshipping Him to being at war against Him. 



As believers we think we would never do that, right?  But when the challenging times come and He’s not “acting” the way we think He would or should, don’t we too get doubts?  We may not cry out for Him to be gone, but we can be quick to lose our peace or our compassion toward others?  Do we begin to fret over the news we have just received?  Let’s not judge them, but let us be careful to take measures to be of sound mind and to trust Him even when we can’t see His plan.  Stay in faith friends and keep your worship on!

I can worship Yeshua even when I am at my lowest!



Prayer:  Heavenly Father, Forgive me Lord for those times when I have fallen short in this area; for times I lose peace and trust when things do not go as I expect them to.  Father, I pray I would love You and praise You no matter what the circumstances.  Hosanna in the Highest.  Amen & Amen.



Whatever your circumstances today can you worship with me today?re there any prayer requests today? We all struggle with things from time to time. Let's lift each other up in prayer so that we can stay focused on Christ and what He has called each one of us to do.

I am praying this verse for myself and for each of you today. "You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you." Isaiah 26:3

               


Are there any prayer requests today? We all struggle with things from time to time. Let's lift each other up in prayer so that we can stay focused on Christ and what He has called each one of us to do.

I am praying this verse for myself and for each of you today.

"You will keep in perfect peace
those whose minds are steadfast,
because they trust in you."
Isaiah 26:3

No comments: