Monday, August 12, 2013

LET MY PEOPLE GO

Exodus 8:1b, "Thus says the LORD, Let My people go, that they may serve me."

In the words of my 5-year-old daughter, "Pharaoh should have listened!"  Ainsley is always one to tell it like it is in keeping with her name "Bringer of the WORD of Truth" ... we were watching the Prince of Egypt this past Sabbath and when all the Egyptian firstborn babies had to die she proclaimed emphatically that Pharaoh should have listened.  But how often do we forget to listen when God wants to give us a word?  When He wants to set us free!

I find it interesting in Exodus 8:8-10 in the plague of the frogs when Moses asks Pharaoh when he wanted the frogs gone that Pharaoh answers Moses, "Tomorrow" ... again how often do we procrastinate and keep living with our problems (our frogs) until "tomorrow"?

So God causes the frogs to die and they shovel them into big heap piles and once there was some relief Pharaoh once again hardens his heart.  We think to ourselves, poor Pharaoh, why doesn't he just get it, but how long do we deal with our own hard hearts on certain issues?  We get a little relief and because we prayed and God took care of something for us and then we go back to old ways, old habits, old addictions and again we repeat the cycle of not listening and procrastinating ...

So once again God implores us, "Be free, come and serve me ..."  He calls and gives us a chance to respond as He did for Pharaoh. 

2 Peter 3:9 says, "The Lord isn't slow to keep his promise, as some think of slowness, but he is patient toward you, not wanting anyone to perish but all to change their hearts ..."

What is God asking you to leave behind or have a change of heart about so you can go and serve and worship Him freely?  Will you do it today and not tomorrow? 


Blessings Abundant,









LORD, I don't know why we fight to hold onto things that have no place in our lives, why we prefer to be in bondage like the Israelites were instead of being free to serve You.  I know the enemy is hard of heart and fights to keep us in bondage like Pharaoh did, but let us fight the good fight and fight to be free.  I thank you that you set us apart as you did the Israelites.  Give us/me a soft heart, one that doesn't harden up and fail to listen to Your instructions.  I want to serve You and no other master.  Forgive me for the many times I have given up my allegiance to someone/something else.  LORD, thank you that you are patient and loving with us and you do not want us to perish.  Thank you for giving me another chance!  I love you Abba Father.  Amen & Amen

No comments: