Thursday, March 12, 2009

Writing a Personal Mission Statement

One of the most important things we can do for our families is to make sure we do what is most important and it is not always the thing that is screaming the loudest.

Do we take time to love the people around us? Our families? What is our goal in this life to be? These are personal and individual questions and will most likely look different for each person because each of us are different no matter how similar we seem to appear. As a very good friend pointed out to me earlier this week it is the sum of our experiences which makes up who we are today. While some of us may have had similar experiences up to this point in our life, no two lives look exactly the same.

We must prayerfully consider the purpose(s) we have been given individually and how that affects those closest to us.

Do you have a personal statement of belief and purpose? A statement like this can help you prioritize your days when everything around you is a whirlwind of activity. Your statement should reflect what is most important to you. It can help you know where you are going and give you direction so we don't waunder aimlessly in the desert for 40 years!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Commit to the Lord whatever you do,
and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3 NIV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Personal Statement of Belief and Purpose

By grace I have been saved through the faith He gives me.

It is not of my own doing, but is the indescribable, wonderful gift of God through His Son, Yehoshua, Yeshua, The Messiah, Jesus Christ.
(paraphrase of Ephesians 2:8).

I believe I, and every other person, is fearfully and wonderfully made and important to Him. We each have special talents and abilities and gifts that we can use to enrich the lives of those around us. (Psalms 139:14)

I was created to be a helpmeet and secondly a mother.

I believe in the Ten Commandments and want to guard them and do them out of love for the LORD.

My God-given strengths include teaching, studying, resourcefulness, hospitality, a desire for organization and skills in administration. I desire to make my house a home and a refuge. I have a desire to encourage women in the LORD and to minister as such to them through the WORD and my day-to-day experiences.

I recognize I have weaknesses that I will try to minimize or overcome with God's help.

The purpose of my life is to love the LORD my God, to obey His voice, and cleave unto him: for he my life, and the length of my days. (Dueteronomy 30:20)

My mission is to let others know of this love and grace through my actions and words ~ the fruit in my life which should be love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. (Galatians 5:22-23)

My hope for my family is that they may know the love of God and have a personal relationship with Him. All my actions and words should be to this end for such a time as this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mom Quote of the Day

"When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen.
When they're finished, I climb out." ~ Erma Bombeck

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you are tired and need recharging, plug into your Power Source ...

Jehovah-Shammah

God is our refuge and strength, A "ever-ready" help in trouble. Psalms 46:1


When we plug into Him, our Power Source, we can keep going and going and going ...

No comments: